Other language

HOME | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | HELP | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:44 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Brasil
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am
Posts: 2527
1930 DuPont Royal Town Car
DuPont was another great American carmaker of the classic era that most people are unaware of.
Today, DuPont is better known as the world's second largest chemical company.

DuPont automobiles are quite rare. E. Paul duPont’s company produced only 489 vehicles between 1919 and 1931. This Town Car, with special ONE-OFF coachwork by Merrimac and an 8 cylinder Continental engine, is one of only 125 duPonts built in 1930.


Attachments:
dupont.jpg
dupont.jpg [ 156.5 KiB | Viewed 4056 times ]
towncar.jpg
towncar.jpg [ 55.91 KiB | Viewed 4131 times ]
30dupontGroyaltowncarbyMerrimac_KI.jpg
30dupontGroyaltowncarbyMerrimac_KI.jpg [ 73.51 KiB | Viewed 4131 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:52 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Brasil
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am
Posts: 2527
1930 DuPont Model H Merrimac Sport Phaeton.

This is the second of the three Model H duPonts built in Springfield. The Model H uses a slightly different and longer chassis compared to its eight cylinder engined predecessor. Like the Speedster bodied Model Gs, the Sport Phaeton body uses the beautiful bullet shaped radiator. Fully restored by RM Restorations, this exceptionally rare duPont has been shown with great success at various concours d'elegance. It has won prizes at Pebble Beach, Meadowbrook and Amelia Island.


Attachments:
duPont-Model-H-Merrimac-Sport-Phaeton_2.jpg
duPont-Model-H-Merrimac-Sport-Phaeton_2.jpg [ 207.89 KiB | Viewed 4130 times ]
dupont.jpg
dupont.jpg [ 199.36 KiB | Viewed 4130 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:59 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Brasil
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am
Posts: 2527
1930 DuPont Model G Merrimac Special Sedan.

Merrimac was DuPont's coachbuilder of choice and the excelled in elegant open creations. This DuPont Model G is only one fitted by Merrimac with a body of this style. It is unusual in more ways than one and one of the most striking features are the openable front windows. Today the car is owned by a member of the duPont family and he showed the car at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance with great success, as it scored a 'Best in Class' award.


Attachments:
merrimac.jpg
merrimac.jpg [ 215.98 KiB | Viewed 4130 times ]
dupont.jpg
dupont.jpg [ 95.88 KiB | Viewed 4130 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:44 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Brasil
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am
Posts: 2527
Before


Attachments:
dupo.jpg
dupo.jpg [ 85.78 KiB | Viewed 4124 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:20 am 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:32 am
Posts: 1452
1929 Model G Speedster #G897
1930 Model G Speedster #G949


Attachments:
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1929.jpg
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1929.jpg [ 73.24 KiB | Viewed 4029 times ]
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1930.jpg
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1930.jpg [ 44.21 KiB | Viewed 4029 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:44 pm 
Master coachbuilder

Location: Bilthoven
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 4874
João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Model G Merrimac Special Sedan.

Merrimac was DuPont's coachbuilder of choice and the excelled in elegant open creations. This DuPont Model G is only one fitted by Merrimac with a body of this style. It is unusual in more ways than one and one of the most striking features are the openable front windows. Today the car is owned by a member of the duPont family and he showed the car at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance with great success, as it scored a 'Best in Class' award.

A sideview of this unusual car


Attachments:
Merrimac 1930 duPont Special Sedan.jpg
Merrimac 1930 duPont Special Sedan.jpg [ 120.85 KiB | Viewed 4005 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 am 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
Merrimac Du Pont Model G Sports Tourer, 1929


Attachments:
merrimacdupont 001.jpg
merrimacdupont 001.jpg [ 413.67 KiB | Viewed 3979 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 pm 
Coachbuilder

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 214
TommyK wrote:
Merrimac Du Pont Model G Sports Tourer, 1929


Stanley Smith's book on DuPoint has a picture of this car taken in a junk yard sometime in the late 1930s.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
robgeelen wrote:
João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Model G Merrimac Special Sedan.

Merrimac was DuPont's coachbuilder of choice and the excelled in elegant open creations. This DuPont Model G is only one fitted by Merrimac with a body of this style. It is unusual in more ways than one and one of the most striking features are the openable front windows. Today the car is owned by a member of the duPont family and he showed the car at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance with great success, as it scored a 'Best in Class' award.

A sideview of this unusual car


period pic


Attachments:
merrimacdupontsedan.JPG
merrimacdupontsedan.JPG [ 71.59 KiB | Viewed 3926 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
Merrimac DuPont 1929


Attachments:
merrimacdupont.JPG
merrimacdupont.JPG [ 64.65 KiB | Viewed 3917 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 am 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
Merrimac DuPont Model G 4-seat Speedster


Attachments:
merrimacdupont4seat.jpg
merrimacdupont4seat.jpg [ 69.5 KiB | Viewed 3906 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 am 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
Merrimac DuPont Model G Le Mans Speesdster


Attachments:
merrimacdupontlemans.jpg
merrimacdupontlemans.jpg [ 57.21 KiB | Viewed 3900 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
Merrimac DuPont Model G Club Sedan, 1929


Attachments:
merrimacdupontclubsedan-29.JPG
merrimacdupontclubsedan-29.JPG [ 79.74 KiB | Viewed 3887 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:28 am 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
Merrimac DuPont Model G Sport Phaeton


Attachments:
merrimacdupontph-1.JPG
merrimacdupontph-1.JPG [ 94.27 KiB | Viewed 3873 times ]
merrimacdupontph-2.jpg
merrimacdupontph-2.jpg [ 70.32 KiB | Viewed 3873 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
ad 1929


Attachments:
merrimacdupont.JPG
merrimacdupont.JPG [ 233.98 KiB | Viewed 3854 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:53 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Royal Town Car
DuPont was another great American carmaker of the classic era that most people are unaware of.
Today, DuPont is better known as the world's second largest chemical company.

DuPont automobiles are quite rare. E. Paul duPont’s company produced only 489 vehicles between 1919 and 1931. This Town Car, with special ONE-OFF coachwork by Merrimac and an 8 cylinder Continental engine, is one of only 125 duPonts built in 1930.


more pics


Attachments:
merrimacdupont-1.jpg
merrimacdupont-1.jpg [ 539.38 KiB | Viewed 3765 times ]
merrimacdupont-2.jpg
merrimacdupont-2.jpg [ 632.67 KiB | Viewed 3765 times ]
merrimacdupont-3.jpg
merrimacdupont-3.jpg [ 449.66 KiB | Viewed 3765 times ]
merrimacdupont-4.jpg
merrimacdupont-4.jpg [ 560.14 KiB | Viewed 3765 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:39 am 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
another Speedster


Attachments:
dupont_model_g_speedster_by_merrimac_1.jpeg
dupont_model_g_speedster_by_merrimac_1.jpeg [ 549.65 KiB | Viewed 3638 times ]
dupont_model_g_1.jpg
dupont_model_g_1.jpg [ 297.57 KiB | Viewed 3639 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:58 pm 
Master coachbuilder
User avatar

Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 28754
João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Model H Merrimac Sport Phaeton.

This is the second of the three Model H duPonts built in Springfield. The Model H uses a slightly different and longer chassis compared to its eight cylinder engined predecessor. Like the Speedster bodied Model Gs, the Sport Phaeton body uses the beautiful bullet shaped radiator. Fully restored by RM Restorations, this exceptionally rare duPont has been shown with great success at various concours d'elegance. It has won prizes at Pebble Beach, Meadowbrook and Amelia Island.


more pics


Attachments:
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_3.jpg
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_3.jpg [ 475.77 KiB | Viewed 3632 times ]
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton.jpeg
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton.jpeg [ 462.98 KiB | Viewed 3632 times ]
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_2.jpg
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_2.jpg [ 444.8 KiB | Viewed 3632 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merrimac DuPonts
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:25 am 
Online
Master coachbuilder

Location: Saarbrücken, Germany
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:42 pm
Posts: 6940
DuPont by Merrimac 1929


Attachments:
DuPont-Merrimac-1929.PNG
DuPont-Merrimac-1929.PNG [ 415.51 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

-->

DONATE
We offer our forum and encyclopedia as a FREE service. We run this website as a
collective effort for you and fellow enthusiasts, aiming to help preserve this unique
part of automotive heritage. Hosting and maintaining our (60GB!) website, database
and forum is a huge and costly effort. If you enjoy this forum please support us
by making a small donation here; your support is highly appreciated
and we can keep the site free for all!





Copyright © 2008-2021 COACHBUILD.com - Powered by phpBB
Published by NAIT Media Ventures - All rights reserved